Friday 25 March 2011

I think I'm going to like it here.

Well here goes,
I'm starting this project for two, or maybe three main reasons.
1. I need a place to reflect on my life and I figure this is as good as any.
2. I want to review as many cafes in Auckland as I can while I'm here. This idea is where the name for my blog came from. Persnickety means fussy about small details. I feel that small details are hugely important at any cafe, and details are what separate a quality cafe from just another convenient store. Details I will be reviewing can include, but are not limited to, the type and quality of the coffee, the quality of whatever I choose to eat, the decor, the exterior, what the service was like, and the overall experience. I want to make sure that when my friends and family come up to see me I have at least one great cafe to take them to. Plus I thought this project would be my really good excuse as to why I was spending my limited student allowance on overpriced food.
3. Finally this project is for anyone who has ever had a bad cafe experience, you'll definitely know who you are. If I can help just one 'cafe enthusiast' dodge a bad latte I will be satisfied. That one person will probably be my one follower, my mum.
However if you don't like coffee never fear, I'm sure I will talk about other, less important stuff too.

This is the start of my adventure, I hope you can get over the poor grammar and come along!

1 comment:

  1. do not under estimate the work you are doing here little one - this research project is of supreme importance, life is too short to drink bad coffee so by finding good coffee you can increase the quality of life for many people.
    Thank you for your sacrafice....

    ReplyDelete